Australian High Commission

FAQ - Completing An Application Form

Return to the FAQ Page

Completing an Application Form

I have just done my passport application online. Did you receive it?

All passport applications must be printed and lodged in person. Australian passport applications are not lodged electronically.

Every time I enter my current address (overseas) on the online application form, I get an error that my address cannot be verified. What do I do?

The Passports Australia website cannot verify overseas addresses. This message is just a warning. As long you are satisfied that the address you have entered is correct you can proceed by pressing the NEXT button.

If you continue to encounter errors, please print the form and complete your address manually.

Can I print out a blank form online?

No. Only completed applications can be printed from the website.

If you require a blank application form, please contact our office to collect a form or request one to be mailed to you (email Blank forms cannot be faxed or emailed.

Can I print my form in black and white?

Yes. You can print your form in either black and white or colour.

I made a mistake when I was completing the passport application form; should I use white out/correction fluid/correction tape?

Please do not use correction fluid or similar products on a passport application form as it will invalidate that section of the form and you will have to complete another form.

Instead, just cross out the incorrect information and sign next to it. Then correctly complete the section.

I put the wrong date on the declaration on the passport application form; how can I correct it?

If you completed the application form online, you can amend the form and re-print the relevant page.

If you completed a hard copy form, you can request that a replacement page be sent to you or you can recomplete the declaration section at the time of your interview.

Why can’t I use the renewal form (PC7 form)?

If you cannot access the Overseas Passport Renewal form online (PC7 form) then you may not be eligible to use that form, or you may be answering one of the security questions incorrectly. The answer to your security question must match exactly what is on your passport records in order for you to proceed.

If you have exhausted all of these possibilities and still believe you are eligible for a renewal form, please contact our office (email:

Do I have to complete Section 16 of the application form (PC8) is I do not have a drivers licence?

If you do not have a valid Australian Drivers Licence then please leave this section blank.

If you have a Singaporean drivers licence, please also leave this section blank.

What is the Certificate Number on my citizenship certificate for Section 3b of the application form (PC8)?

If you are using a citizenship certificate to support your application you will need to provide the certificate number. If your citizenship certificate has a client number, you must use this number for section 3B in the PC8 application form.

If your citizenship does not list a client number then the certificate number should be used in section 3B including all the letters. For example 'ACC12345678', 'ROC0123456' or 'CBD0123456'.

I am using the renewal application form (PC7). Do I need to have the photo endorsed?

No, there is no need for photo endorsement by a guarantor if you are using the PC7 application form.

Follow the instructions on the form and write your full name on the back of one photograph.

Can I authorise someone to collect a renewal form (PC7) for me?

As you must personally answer security questions when you collect the form, you cannot authorise someone else to obtain a renewal form (PC7)  on your behalf. The PC7 form is pre-completed with information from your previous passport application. You may print your own form at

Return to the FAQ Page