1. Complete your application form online
- The application must be lodged within six months of completion.
2. Print and sign your application form
- Print your application on plain white A4 paper. Make sure your form has printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page. You may refer to printing your application form.
- Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.
- Children 10 years or older must provide a signature unless there is a medical reason or disability that prevents them from signing.
- Include minimum two passport photos, less than six months old. Refer to photo guidelines for more information.
- The back of one photo must be endorsed by the child’s guarantor, writing ‘This is a true photo of [the child’s full name]’ and signed in black pen.
- DO NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them
4. Gather supporting Documents
For an Adult application on a PC8 Form, you will need:
Your full birth certificate
Identity documents showing your photo, signature, and current residential address
Documents that prove any change of name or change of gender.
For a Child application on a PC8 Form, you will need:
The child’s full birth certificate
- Lodging parent(s) Identity documents showing your photo, signature, and current residential address
Documents that prove any change of name
Any court orders and additional passport forms we require to establish who has parental responsibility for the child.
Child applications must have consent from all parent(s).
- A guarantor must sign section 11 of the application form. Remember the guarantor must also endorse the back of a passport photo by writing ‘This is a true photo of [the child’s full name]’ and signing in black pen. Refer to https://www.passports.gov.au for more information on guarantor requirements.
6. Consent infront of a witness (Child application's only)
- Parental Consent is required for a child passport. Everyone who’s giving consent must sign section 15 of the form in front of a witness. Ensure all sections are filled in, even if your name has not changed. Witness cannot be related to you or reside at your home address. Passport staff are unable to be witness to signatures.
7. Lodge you application
8. We'll tell you when your passport is ready
- We will email you when your passport has arrived at the High Commission for you to collect, or when we have posted it to your Singapore home address. We are unable to post passports outside of Singapore. Passport applications are taking approximately 6 weeks to be completed.
Can I travel on my current passport while I wait for my new passport to arrive?
Yes, your current passport will remain valid until you are issued with your replacement.
Do I send my current passport with the renewal application?
Do I need to send a copy of my passport with my application?
How long will it take?
Passports are currently taking around six weeks from receipt of a fully completed application and payment to arrive at the High Commission. Incomplete applications will cause delays.
What if I have lost my passport and need to travel urgently?
Please contact the High Commission on +65 6836 4100 or email [email protected] to discuss.
Will the High Commission post my new passport to me?
At time of application, you can decide to collect or have us mail your passport to your Singapore home address.