Current passport delivery times
The Australian Passport Office (APO) is currently seeing strong demand for passports. For this reason, it is advising its customers to apply for or renew their passport well ahead of their planned travel dates. The APO is therefore recommending, at least for now, that they allow a minimum of six weeks to get a new passport. You may choose to collect at our office or have the passport delivered to you in Singapore. Please advise the interviewing officer at the time of your lodgement if you are travelling within the next 6 weeks. Please see Passports: Passport Collections (highcommission.gov.au)
Passports are printed in Australia so we are unable to offer a priority service in Singapore. Please see How long to get a passport | Australian Passport Office (passports.gov.au).
Australian citizens residing in Singapore should be aware that you are required by the Singapore Government to always maintain a passport/travel document with at least 6 months validity. Please keep this in mind and check your passport validity. Passports are printed in Australia, so we are unable to offer a priority service in Singapore.
Step 1- Check your eligibility for an adult passport renewal.
Adults who are renewing their Australian passport can use the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form if the following are true:
- you are an adult (over 18 years old) or you are an adult (over 18 years old) who is renewing from a child passport and your most recent child passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
- you are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- your most recent passport is/was valid for over two years at the time of issue, AND
- your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- your most recent passport was issued from 1 January 2006 onwards, AND
- you are able to present your current passport at the passport appointment, AND
- you are able to answer the security questions to print the form.
Step 2 - Fill out your application form.
You should complete the application form online at the following website https://online.passports.gov.au/. This link will also allow you to confirm that you are eligible to renew your adult passport. You'll need to create an AusPassport account to start your passport application online. An AusPassport account helps us protect your personal details.
If you have problems creating an AusPassport account, or completing the online form, please see our Website advice and Troubleshooting guide.
After you have completed your form online, print it and sign inside the white box and date the application form. Make sure there are no alterations to signatures or dates. Please do not use whiteout on the declaration section. If you make a mistake, you can cross it out and initial next to the change. If you have signed incorrectly, please fill in a new form.
If you are unable to complete the form online, you can do this at your passport appointment.
Step 3- Make an appointment to lodge your passport application.
The Passport Office operates an appointment system and we will not see you without an appointment.
Passports Office location:
Australian High Commission
25 Napier Road
Appointment times are normally booked-out up to 2 weeks in advance. Please keep this in mind when making your travel plans.
Step 4 - Take two passport photos.
Some photo shops may not have the most updated Australian passport photo specifications. Home-printed photos are usually not acceptable as there are strict requirements. Please carefully check the Passport photo guidelines to avoid rejection.
The “crown of head” is where the top of your skull would be if it were visible. It is not the top of your hair or the start of your hairline. Picture yourself bald and measure from the top of your skull to the tip of your chin.
Please clearly print your full name on the back of one photo. Your photographs do not need to be endorsed by someone else.
Step 5 – Lodge your application and pay the fee.
Applications must be lodged in person at the High Commission in Singapore. You need to make an appointment (see Step 3).
Things to bring:
- The completed and signed Australian Passport Renewal Application form. (if applicable)
- Two passport photos (see Step 4).
- Your most recent Australian passport. It is important to bring your most recent passport to be eligible for a passport renewal.
- A Visa, Mastercard or American Express to pay the fee. Please click here for fees.