Step 1- Make an appointment to lodge your passport application. The Passport Office operates an appointment system and we will not see you without an appointment.
Passports Office location:
25 Napier Road
Appointment times are normally booked-out up to 2 weeks in advance. Please keep this in mind when making your travel plans.
Step 2- Check your eligibility for an adult passport renewal.
Adults who are renewing their Australian passport can use the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form if the following are true:
- you are an adult (over 18 years old) or you are an adult (over 18 years old) who is renewing from a child passport and your most recent child passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
- you are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- your most recent passport is/was valid for over two years at the time of issue, AND
- your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- your most recent passport is still current or has not been expired for more than 3 years, AND
- you are able to present your current passport at the passport appointment, AND
- you are able to answer the security questions to print the form.
Step 3 - Fill out your application form. Please do not use whiteout on the declaration section. If you make a mistake, you can cross it out and initial next to the change. If you have signed incorrectly, please fill in a new form.
Online: https://online.passports.gov.au/. This link will allow you to confirm that you are eligible to renew your adult passport.
Note: You cannot download blank forms.
After you have completed your form online, print it and sign inside the white box and date the application form. Make sure there are no alterations to signatures or dates.
In person: during your scheduled appointment (Step 1) at the Singapore Passports Office.
Step 4 - Take two passport photos. Some photo shops may not have the most updated Australian passport photo specifications. Home-printed photos are usually not acceptable as there are strict requirements. Please carefully check the Passport photo guidelines to avoid rejection.
The “crown of head” is where the top of your skull would be if it were visible. It is not the top of your hair or the start of your hairline. Picture yourself bald and measure from the top of your skull to the tip of your chin.
Please clearly print your full name on the back of one photo. Your photographs do not need to be endorsed by someone else.
Step 5 – Lodge your application and pay the fee. Applications must be lodged in person at the High Commission in Singapore. You need to make an appointment.
Things to bring:
- The completed and signed Australian Passport Renewal Application form. (if applicable)
- Two passport photos (see Step 4).
- Your most recent Australian passport. It is important to bring your most recent passport to be eligible for a passport renewal.
- A Visa or Mastercard to pay the fee. Please click here for fees.